SPECIAL GRANTS TO STUDENTS
Applications are invited for grants, which may be made from Funds available to the Hastings Festival, in accordance with the terms of the respective Trust Deeds. The grants, for students who have a course of study arranged, will be made at the discretion of the Trustees. Application should be made on a form obtainable from the General Secretary on request and should be returned by the end of April, so that it can be considered by the Trustees as soon as possible.
- Applicants must have taken part in the Hastings Musical Festival at least three different years in the last five years.
- They will be required to provide evidence of their intention to take up their subject (music, speech and drama, or dance) professionally, either as teacher or performer. No grant will be forwarded until proof of attendance at their course at a recognised school or academy is received.
- They must be British or Commonwealth citizens.
- Applicants must be over 16 years of age except for dance grants when they must be over 14 years of age.
- Every year the Hastings Musical Festival, which is a registered charity, distributes substantial sums to aspiring performers, who are able to abide by the conditions above. Obviously this is governed by the number of applicants and our income from the Festival and investments.
- Everybody who supports the Festival contributes towards this income.
THE JOHN AND IRENE FOSTER CHARITABLE TRUST BURSARY
This Bursary will be awarded by the Trustees of the John and Irene Foster Charitable Trust to a student for a course of study.
The Bursary will be up to £3000 payable over three years.
The student must be resident in East Sussex.
The Executive Committee will recommend five grant applicants each year and forward details from the HMF grant application form to the Trustees who will make their decision, based on the information supplied.
THE AVRIL PARRY BURSARY
For a performer who, in the opinion of the Executive Committee, has shown outstanding promise in his/her performance at the Hastings Musical Festival.